#NiceGirlsHeartThis: Summer Solstice
Posted on 20 June 2017
Ever find yourself wishing you had more hours in the day? Well, this is your lucky week! Wednesday, June 21 marks the 2017 Summer Solstice! #NiceGirls love learning something new everyday, so here’s our short definition of the longest day of the year:
(noun) Latin “sun stands still”
- as the sun reaches the highest point in the sky, it appears to literally stand still. It is the longest day of the year. In the Northern hemisphere, this is on June 21.
More SUN, more FUN. Whether you’ll be in the classroom, at the beach, or in your office, make the most of this hump-day! If you can’t soak up the sun, make your own sunshine. We came up with 10 ways to live sunny-side up any day.
#NiceGirls just wanna have sun:
1. Quote of the day: picking words to live by sets the tone, intention and vibe for your day
2. Watch the sunrise: unlike Netflix, the sun will never ask “are you still watching?” (Also, it’s a peaceful & positive start to your day)
3. Sun Salutations: there’s no better start to a positive day than exercise. Do yoga, go for a run, have a dance party, whatever works for you!
4. WCW: tell us about a #GirlBoss in your life & why you look up to her (she may even be featured on our insta as next week’s crush!)
5. Treat yo self: practice little (or big!) acts of self-love (eat cake for breakfast, go to a thrift store, decorate your planner)
6. Make an up-beat playlist of your favorite songs
7. Little Mood Boosters: rollerblade, make a summer craft, do a cartwheel, blow bubbles
8. Dress 2 Impress: wear the outfit you feel most confident in
9. Gratitude Journal: write down the 3 things you’re thankful for/happy about today
10. #ArmParty: have a photo shoot in your Little Words!